Freddie Hubbard - First Light album downloadPerformer: Freddie Hubbard
Title: First Light
Style: Soul-Jazz, Post Bop, Fusion, Jazz-Funk
Size MP3 version: 1725 mb
Size FLAC version: 1963 mb
Size WMA version: 1430 mb
Format: AA ASF XM MP2 FLAC AUD MPC
Freddie Hubbard - First Light album download
TRACKLIST: 00:00 First Light 11:08 Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey 19:27 Moment To Moment 25:12 Yesterday´s Dreams 29:09 Lonely Town 36:11 Fantasy In D Freddie.
First Light Freddie Hubbard.
First Light is a fusion music album recording by FREDDIE HUBBARD released in 1971 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette.
First Light is an album by jazz trumpeter Freddie Hubbard. Recorded in 1971, it features string arrangements by Don Sebesky. It was his third album released on Creed Taylor's CTI label and features performances by Hubbard, Herbie Hancock, Eric Gale, George Benson, Ron Carter, Jack DeJohnette, Airto Moreira and Richard Wyands. The album is part of a loose trilogy including his two previous records at the time, Red Clay and Straight Life
Never one to take lyricism for granted, trumpeter and composer Freddie Hubbard entered Creed Taylor's studio for the third time in 1971 with the express purpose of making a record radically different from anything he'd cut before; he was looking for it to use electricity and to be out of the soul-jazz mold, but was also more ambitious and wanted. to push that envelope and himself
Written-By – Freddie Hubbard. Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. Recorded At – The Detroit Ford Auditorium. First Light (LP, Album, RE). CTI Records. First Light (CD, Album, RE, RM, RP).
This album has an average beat per minute of 127 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 103/156 BPM). Tracklist First Light. Recent albums by Freddie Hubbard. The Jazz Masters: Freddie Hubbard & Benny Golson. MMTC Monk, Miles, Trane & Cannon. Keystone Bop: Sunday Night.
Tracklist: 1. First Light, 2. Uncle Albert, Admiral Halsey, 3. Moment To Moment, 4. Yesterday’s Dreams, 5. Lonely Town. More albums from Freddie Hubbard: Bundle Of Joy by Freddie Hubbard. Polar AC by Freddie Hubbard. A Soul Experiment by Freddie Hubbard. The Body & The Soul by Freddie Hubbard. Ready For Freddie by Freddie Hubbard. Hub-Tones by Freddie Hubbard. Blue Spirits by Freddie Hubbard. High Blues Pressure by Freddie Hubbard. View all albums . First Light.
Frederick Dewayne Hubbard (April 7, 1938 – December 29, 2008) was an American jazz trumpeter. He was known primarily for playing in the bebop, hard bop, and post-bop styles from the early 1960s onwards. His unmistakable and influential tone contributed to new perspectives for modern jazz and bebop. Hubbard started playing the mellophone and trumpet in his school band at Arsenal Technical High School in Indianapolis, Indiana
First Light is the third of a prolific relationship between Freddie Hubbard and CTI records, and the first to feature the gorgeous arrangements of Don Sebesky. The orchestration gives the title track a spacey mood over which Freddie and guitarist George Benson play gently, yet very strongly. Listening to it truly takes me to a special place and leaves me awestruck, with the image of the first light of morning the song evokes. When I first heard this album, it was not hard to displace the legendary Miles Davis and rank Freddie Hubbard as the greatest trumpet player in jazz. The liner notes tell the rest of the story - about how, even in 1971, Hubbard was on the verge of nationally displacing Miles Davis as the jazz trumpeter because Miles was venturing too deeply into the impressionistic virtuosities of jazz-rock fusion and was simply keeping afloat by reputation alone.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Freddie Hubbard
|2||Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
Written-By – Paul & Linda McCartney
|3||Moment To Moment
Written-By – Henry Mancini, Johnny Mercer
Written-By – Don Sebesky, Norman Martin
Written-By – Adolph Green, Betty Comden, Leonard Bernstein
|6||Fantasy In D (Polar AC)
Written-By – Cedar Walton
|7||First Light (Live)
Written-By – Freddie Hubbard
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Recorded At – The Detroit Ford Auditorium
- Made By – Sony Music
- Arranged By – Don Sebesky
- Bass – Ron Carter
- Bassoon – Jane Taylor, Wally Kane
- Cello – Charles McCracken, Emanuel Vardi
- Clarinet – George Marge, George Marge, Romeo Penque, Romeo Penque
- Design [Album] – Bob Ciano
- Drums – Jack DeJohnette
- Engineer – Rudy Van Gelder (tracks: 1 to 6)
- English Horn, Oboe – Romeo Penque
- Flute – George Marge, Hubert Laws, Romeo Penque, Wally Kane
- French Horn – James Buffington*, Ray Alonge
- Guitar – Eric Gale (tracks: 7), George Benson
- Harp – Margaret Ross
- Mastered By [Digitally], Engineer – Larry Keyes
- Percussion – Airto Moreira
- Photography By [Cover] – Pete Turner
- Photography By [Liner] – Dean Brown
- Piano – Richard Wyands
- Producer – Creed Taylor
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Freddie Hubbard
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Phil Kraus
- Viola – Alfred Brown, Emanuel Vardi
- Violin – David Nadien, Emanuel Green, Gene Orloff, Harold Kohon, Irving Spice, Joe Malin, Matthew Raimondi, Paul Gershman, Tosha Samaroff
NotesOn back cover: (C) 2001 Sony Music Entertainment Inc. / (P) 2001 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
On CD: (C) 2003 Sony Music Entertainment Inc. / (P) 2003 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Made in Austria
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 099751 279020
- Mastering SID Code (Variants 1 & 2): IFPI L555
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): S5127902000-0101 25 A0
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 948R
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): S5127902000-0101 25 A3
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 942A
|CTI 6013||Freddie Hubbard||First Light (LP, Album, Gat)||CTI Records||CTI 6013||US||1971|
|OW 532||Freddie Hubbard||First Light (LP, Album, Har)||CTI Records||OW 532||Brazil||1973|
|OW 532||Freddie Hubbard||First Light (Cass, Album)||Top Tape||OW 532||Brazil||1971|
|LAX 3242||Freddie Hubbard||First Light (LP, Album, RE)||CTI Records||LAX 3242||Japan||1979|
|ZK 40687||Freddie Hubbard||First Light (CD, Album, RE, RM, RP)||CBS Associated, CBS||ZK 40687||Unknown|